VA ABC Loosens Restrictions on Distilleries with the following caveats:
- No distiller may sell more than six bottles of spirits or two cases of low alcohol beverage coolers to any one consumer or licensee per month.
- Bottles of spirits shipped may be no larger than 1.75 liters.
- The distiller must ensure the recipient is at least 21 years of age.
- Direct shipment must be made by an approved common carrier (currently Federal Express or UPS).
- Signature of an individual 21 years of age or older is required for delivery.