Loudoun Valley High School Community Update April 3 2020
This is the email we received from Loudoun Valley High School Principal Susan Ross:
Good Afternoon Everyone,
This is the Loudoun Valley administration team with a few updates and
informational items. In an effort to maintain regular communication, we will
continue to send ConnectEd messages to the community on Tuesdays and
Fridays of each week along with our regular Sunday weekly updates.
As we wind up our first week of directly engaging together as learners, I want
to thank you for the extraordinary effort and collaboration that is evident in
our work together. Your teamwork and engagement thus far have been a
remarkable sign of your commitment and resilience.
Teaching and Learning Update:
● Per LCPS, teachers will be working with students to address the 3rd
quarter with a deadline of April 17, 2020. Teachers and students should
be working together to address outstanding assignments and
● April 13 and April 14 are teacher work days. Teachers will be engaged in
professional development training and planning and their availability to
address questions will be limited on those days.
● As we enter the next phase of continuity of education, LCPS will be
utilizing the Edmentum platform with specific subject area classes to
address essential 4th quarter skills. More information will be coming
out after break and students will hear more about this from their
● Electives and non-core subject areas will continue to use the LCPS
hyperdoc format in Google Classroom for learning essential 4th quarter
● We will share additional information about this next phase in distance
learning when we return from spring break.
A few tips for students:
● If students are using their phones to access Google Classroom, please
make sure to download the associated Google Suite apps (including
Google Docs, Slides, etc) to help with viewing materials
● Log into your LCPS Go account before opening links in hyperdocs to
allow for smooth transitions to accessing materials in databases and
sites such as Safari Montage
● Check your email daily for any updates and information from teachers
● Take time each day to review your schedule and create a timeline and list
to accomplish your school and home life tasks
● Take small steps each day and reach out to teachers with any questions
● We are continuing to update our LVHS web page with information. Here
is a brief video highlighting where to find updated information including
counseling, library and LCPS Go:
Thank you to our students and teachers for participating in this week’s SCA
sponsored virtual spirit week. We love seeing the school spirit and creative
ways to connect virtually!
As we close out the week, please enjoy this video, courtesy of our science
department – this video expresses the sentiments of all of our staff and we
thank the science dept for their contribution today.
We will resume sending our Tuesday and Friday updates upon return from
spring break. We wish each of you a happy and healthy spring break. Please
take time to “unplug,” refresh, and recharge.