Loudoun County School Board Special COVID-19 Meeting April 7 2020
The Loudoun County School Board will hold a special meeting to address the COVID-19 crisis, including the conduct of all business at 4 p.m. Tuesday, April 7, 2020. The School Board meeting will be held completely virtually, with all School Board members and staff representatives participating electronically from remote locations. The LCPS Administrative Building will be closed, and no opportunities for public participation will be available there.
The full meeting agenda is available here.
The following action item will be considered during Tuesday’s meeting:
- Income Replacement and COVID-19 Time Limited Emergency Pay.
Information items include:
- Stimulus Funds
- Stipends for Remainder of FY20
- 2020-2021 Annual Plan for Special Education and Application for Federal Funds
- LCPS Process for Notifying School Communities Regarding Staff Members Reporting Positive COVID-19 Tests
- Chromebook Distribution Update
- Distance Learning Update in Response to the COVID-19 Virus
- COVID-19 Update on LCPS Continued Response
The Loudoun County School Board believes that strong community engagement and outreach are important components of a successful school system, even while the COVID-19 crisis requires special arrangements to safely conduct business while implementing recommended preventative measures. The meeting will be available for public viewing through the live-stream telecast on LCPS.org, and live on Comcast channel 18 and Verizon FIOS channel 43.
For this meeting, and for all meetings while the present state of emergency in the Commonwealth of Virginia persists and the Loudoun County School Board determines it is necessary to operate under the modified procedures described in the School Board Resolution passed on March 20, 2020, written public comment will be accepted electronically via an online form prior to the start of the meeting.